Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Trip to D.C. and North Carolina



A few weeks ago I had the privilege to fly to Washing D.C. and North Carolina with my sister. The first day there we walked around D.C. the whole day with my cousin and her kids, and now I am starting to recognize the monuments (especially the Washington monument) in T.V. shows. Walking around D.C. made me want to join the FBI just so I can live there.





Arizona needs better public transportation.



At the Jeffersonian, I saw this sign that made me laugh. When I first read it, I completely misinterpereted it several ways, and thought it said "from mammals to restrooms" explaining how we evolved, or where humans originated from....silly me!


On the third day, my sister and I failed to find any open flights to get to North Carolina, so we ended up renting a car. Someday, when I can buy my own car, I want to buy a cute little red Ford Focus, because it gets excellent gas mileage....and it's cute, as I mentioned before. Although it took us twice as long as it was supposed to, because of absolutely horrible traffic, we finally managed to get to Chapel Hill. The drive was definitely an adventure! Once we decided to get off the freeway and go a different way, we were able to backtrack the past two hours of stop and go traffic in about ten-fifteen minutes.



The next day Julie and I visited the lovely UNC campus, where we managed to get some free food at a barbacue the dorms were having. It is so hidden away in the trees that it is easy to forget that you are on a university campus. We also visited Duke's campus for a few minutes, although we spent most of our time trying to find our way back to the car :) Duke's buildings look like castles! I felt like a princess just being there. The Duke gardens was by far the prettiest part of the whole campus.





Overall, the trip was fantastic! It was my first time ever to the east coast, and after seeing so much desert and lack of color, the density of the trees was a pleasant surprise. I definitely want to travel to the east coast again.

1 comment: